Caffeinated Couch Co-op Coffee Crisis Public Released!
Coming in May for Windows, Mac, and Linux (Q3 for Xbox One), Coffee Crisis is a neo-rogue brawler that puts you in the shoes of the only baristas on Earth with enough heavy metal in their veins to fend off an alien assault. Fill your cup, hit the streets, and knock the beans out of some aliens!
The Smurglian race has come to Earth and they’re not leaving until they steal our three most prized commodities: heavy metal, free Wifi, and our coffee. They launch their invasion from a coffee shop and spread their assault by possessing all the local grannies, bros, and country singers! Little did they know that their ground zero is also the heaviest, most-metal coffee shop on the planet, and home to earth’s most unlikely defense: Nick and Ashley, two baristas ready to brawl!
“The game called for blood, sweat, and tears,” says Mr. Kinest, “My fingernails fell off and made a real mess of the keyboard.”
“We hate aliens. The probing, the judgmental eyes, the floppy, gooey skin….there’s just NO tolerance for aliens or alien sympathizers here, folks. We want this game to offer two things: a rocking good time, and, a training simulator that empowers the player to grab a fistful of alien meat and wreck some extra-terrestrials.
That aside, we love marrying old technology with new. Originally created for the Sega Genesis, we rebuilt the game from the ground up with Twitch & Mixer integration, Shopify’s Unity Buy SDK, Razer’s Chroma Integration, and more.
It’s not just the tech that we juiced, either. We kept our retro ethos and styling while taking the classic brawler screen lock area and giving it a hard dose of rogue. With over 100 modifiers being applied randomly in sets of 2-5 simultaneously, each playthrough provides a unique challenge for the sophisticated player.” – Nick Mann, co-founder, Anti-Alien Brigade | Mega Cat Studios
Crunch through fistfuls of alien meat as you stop the invasion with a variety of grabs, special moves, and suplexes, all set to an incendiary heavy metal soundtrack! Play solo or join up with a friend to fight across ten unique locations ranging from your Coffee House HQ to the far reaches of outer space. Stomp an army of wild alien enemies and their brainwashed humans with weapons like sacks of coffee beans, Martian lava swords, and severed alien limbs!
Already averted the crisis? Come back for more in Death Metal Mode, and enjoy random modifiers to the enemies and action on each playthrough. Over 100 mods can help the player (extra health, extra damage), hurt the player (elite enemies, massive enemy spawns), or crank up the metal (guitar riffs, coffee and blood raining from the sky)! Take advantage of the custom Twitch & Mixer integrations that allow viewers to vote on what kind of mod the streamer will get! It’s a totally unique cup of beat ’em up action every time you play!
Key Facts and Features
- Ten Levels of Smurglian Smashing Goodness
- Controller Support
- Gorgeous hand-drawn sprites and environments
- Local co-op to fight aliens with friends
- Encounter random modifiers that could make you an invincible killing machine or summon a swarm of raging possessed cowgirls! You’ll never experience the same cup of cosmic coffee carnage twice!
- Twitch/Mixer integration lets you enjoy the game while keeping both hands on your coffee cup!
- Hard-Hitting, Face-Melting, Heavy Metal Soundtrack!
- Brainwashed grannies and dangerous amounts of caffeine!
- Available on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Coming soon to PC, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch
About Mega Cat Studios
Founded in 20XX, Mega Cat Studios is a small developer with a lot of heart, and one goal: to keep the dream of gaming- the dream we remember from the days of youth- alive and well. Whether we’re building a high tech VR title or an NES games, cartridge and all, our name is a stamp of quality on everything we produce.
- Coffee Crisis Pre-Release Trailer
- Coffee Crisis Stream Reactions
- Mega Cat Making New NES Cartridge Games for the Classic Console
- Console: World of Tanks HMH: T-34-85M
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 – Announcement Trailer