The Akron VR Meetup is excited to welcome David Ternent, a 7th grade STEM teacher at Kimpton Middle School in the Stow-Munroe Falls City School District.
David has been teaching for 20+ years in High School and Middle School Science, and for the past 5 years, STEM. In his STEM class, they always have a variety of projects going on:
- Rube Goldberg machines
- 3D modeling
- 3D printing
- testing of prototypes
- 360 cameras
With the content being student created. He is always trying to find tools to prepare his students for what their work environment will be like in the future.
- Intros & discussion about the meetup: what you’re interested in, what we might feature in the future
- Presentation of VR/AR content creation in the classroom and why it is important for education and in life
- Demo: We’ll demo a Window’s Mixed Reality Headset running both Halo Recruit and Galaxy Explorer.
- Wrap up & next meetup
Where:The Bit Factory
526 S. Main St, Suite 511 · Akron, OH
Subscribe to the #YGD email list. Receive updates, game dev news, tutorials and much more… all to help you make your video game.
Please share this post on your social networks! Thanks!
- Unity Live at GDC – Windows Mixed Reality
- Code Youngstown: Say Goodbye to Java: Getting Started With Kotlin for Android
- Detroit: Become Human Interview: Creating Detroit 2038 | PS4
- Social Club VR Now on Steam
- Halo and Gears of War New Orleans Event Trailer