[This press release is made available courtesy of Youngstown Game Developers and notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Tuesday 9 January 2018 –
The Count Lucanor is an amazing mystery and horror adventure set in a bygone time. Playing as the reluctant hero, Hans, you must make important decisions which will reveal alternative endings, hidden secrets and different solutions to fiendish puzzles.
Featuring a retro feel that falls halfway between 8-bit and 16-bit styles, The Count Lucanor makes a deliberate doff of its cap to classic titles that it draws inspiration from; Zelda, Yume Nikki, Silent Hill and Dark Souls. The familiar gameplay style allows players to quickly become immersed in the game’s rich and twisted narrative.
The Count Lucanor’s haunting soundtrack is supplied by none other than Germany’s very own seventeenth-century tunesmith, Johann Sebastian Bach. Using chiptune tools, the game features a transformed series of hidden gems from the composer to create a unique soundscape that will remain etched in your mind forever.
Gameplay features include:
- Exploration: Search Tenebre Castle placing candles on the ground to light up your path.
- Conversation: Talk to NPCs to get important clues and learn the hidden history of The Count Lucanor.
- Stealth: Hide under tables and behind curtains to go undetected.
- Puzzles: Use the items you found wisely to progress.
- Skill: Avoid traps and enemies in the castle by anticipating them.
Out now, The Count Lucanor for the PSVita is priced at £9.99 / € 14.99 / $14.99.
In addition, the game is also available as a Signature Edition boxed game on PSVita priced £25. (https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/signature-editions/products/the-count-lucanor-signature-edition-ps-vita)
About Baroque Decay
Baroque Decay is an indie game developer made up of a collective of talent from all over the world. Formed by Fran and Max, a Spanish pseudo-artist and a French programmer. Baroque Decay focuses on retro adventure games, that fall halfway-between-8-and-16-bit styles. Baroque Decay’s games include Survival Horror Story: Catequesis, The Count Lucanor and Yuppy Psycho.
About Merge Games
Merge Games is an independent video game publisher and distributor based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes interactive software worldwide for personal computers, video games consoles and mobile devices. Merge Games also specializes in publishing collectable games for retail and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers. More information about Merge Games products can be found at www.mergegames.com.
- SEGA Mega Drive Classics is coming to PS4 and Xbox One!
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Pre-Painted Miniatures Board Game
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine Stars Sting
- Houdini for Game Cinematics | Nikolay Skolkov | Houdini HIVE Utrecht
- Timeless Classic Final Fantasy IX Now Available on Playstation 4